House Rules The house rules ensure a safe and informative visit at Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance. They are obligatory for all visitors.
- Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance houses non only an exhibiton but is also a memorial site and a cemetery. Therefore, it is self-evident for visitors to wear appropriate clothes and behave accordingly, which excludes especially running and shouting.
- Parents, guardians, teachers and other supervisors accompanying children and youths are liable for them and responsible for their behavior. Children and youths must be supervised by the accompanying persons at all times, this includes during guided tours and pedagogic programmes.
- We recommend a minimum age of 14 years for visiting the memorial site and a minimum age of 10 years for visiting the exhibiton.
- We ask visitors, to kindly keep clear of entrances and passageways and respect other visitors and visitor groups.
- Hartheim Castle is a historic building, therefore some areas are not up to current construction standards. We especially ask to take particular care when using the staircases, as they are steep, have small steps and a slippery floor, especially when wet.
- Smoking is prohibited in the whole building.
- Eating is not allowed in the exhibition “Value of Life”; eating and drinking is not allowed in the memorial site.
- We kindly ask our visitors to treat the rooms and the objects therein with the utmost care. Stains and damages are to be avoided. Willful damage will be prosecuted.
- The use of mobile phones within the rooms of the exhibition and the memorial site is allowed in case emergency only.
- Animals are not allowed at Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance, except assistant dogs for persons with handicap.
- Filming and photographing for commercial purposes must be approved by Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance
- It is forbidden to show any extremist or national socialist signs, symbols, or gestures at Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance including the outdoor areas, as well as spreading any such content, whether written or spoken. Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance reserves the right to exclude persons showing above mentioned behavior from guided tours and pedagogical programmes or to expel them from the buildings and grounds.
- It is not allowed to bring or use vehicles of all kinds into Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance. Mobility devices for people with handicap are excluded from this rule.
- Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance is completely free of barriers for persons using a wheelchair. If needed, a wheelchair can be borrowed at the Shop of Hartheim Caste – Place for Learning and Remembrance.
- Visitors must follow the instructions of our staff.
- In case of an accustic alarm, visitors must leave the building at once using the marked emergency exits. It is obligatory to follow the instructions of our staff.